How to get involved
Trial Practice Honors Board Members:
- How do I become a board member?
- New board members are nominated by the adjunct professors of the Trial Practice class.
- Students that win the Carr Competition are automatically nominated to the TPHB the following year.
- You must register for the Carr Competition by the deadline. Important dates and other information is available on the website under "Carr Competition" or on the Home page.
- Competition is open to all UC Davis law students. One (1) class credit will be given to second-year (2L) and third-year (3L) participants who comply with the regulations of the competition ONLY. First-year (1L) students may participate, but not for credit.
- For more information please contanct Kendra Havlick at Kshavlick@ucdavis.edu
- Register for the competition by the deadline.
- The Competition is open to all 1L students at UC Davis
- For more information please contact Sherif Gohar at Shgohar@ucdavis.edu
- Try-outs will be held every Fall Semester for law students interested in joining a mock trial team. Information about try-outs is available on the website under "Inter-School Competitions" or on the Home page.
- Any UC Davis Law student is free to try-out. Credit for participation in outside competitions may be available for 2L and 3L students.
For more information about receiving class credit, please see the registrar.
- Attorneys/Judges/Legal Professionals:
- The Trial Practice Honors Board is always looking for dedicated trial attorneys, judges, or professors/coaches that are willing to volunteer their time to serve as judges for King Hall's various mock trial programs. Many of these programs would not be possible without the support and help from these legal professionals. For more information, please contact the President Kareem Aref at Ksaref@ucdavis.edu
- To support the TPHB, please see more information about donating here.